Workplace Disputes. Resolved.
We resolve disputes between employers and their employees, so everyone can get back to work. SLG assists employers with strategic planning, compliance, and dispute resolution.
Our Areas of Practice Include:
Dispute Resolution and Litigation
We have a stellar reputation for defusing and defending against employee claims, in both administrative and court proceedings. Our strategies are carefully tailored to maximize economic efficiency and preserve our clients’ public image.
We counsel clients on how to best structure employee plans and policies to comply with federal and state laws, including ERISA, drug-testing, severance, and myriad other plans.
SLG has deep experience advising employers on strategic planning relating to employee issues, specifically managing headcount, cost of benefits, and devising policies and plans to effectuate long-term goals.
Recent Employment Successes:
- Assisted a large multinational corporation in reducing its U.S. headcount through a reduction-in-force.
- Defended employer against unfounded claims of ADA violations and discrimination, achieving a finding of no probable cause from both state and federal agencies.
- Achieved a favorable outcome for a client seeking to prevent a former employee from using trade secrets and confidential information to develop a competitive business.
- Defeated administrative action by employee asserting claims of gender and age discrimination.
- Successfully defended wage and hour suit, including claims for treble damages for failure to accrue unused vacation time.