Workplace Disputes. Resolved.
We resolve disputes between employers and their employees, so everyone can get back to work. SLG assists employers with strategic planning, compliance, and dispute resolution.
Our Areas of Practice Include:
We have a stellar reputation for defusing and defending against employee claims, in both administrative and court proceedings. Our strategies are carefully tailored to maximize economic efficiency and preserve our clients’ public image.
We counsel clients on how to best structure employee plans and policies to comply with federal and state laws, including ERISA, drug-testing, severance, and myriad other plans.
SLG has deep experience advising employers on strategic planning relating to employee issues, specifically managing headcount, cost of benefits, and devising policies and plans to effectuate long-term goals.
For CEOs and other c-suite and high-level executives, executive compensation packages involve far more than a salary, health benefits, and a few perks. Complex, multi-tiered, and speculative elements – from equity participation to incentives to deferred compensation to severance – will determine whether talented and in-demand executives like you receive the present and future compensation commensurate with your value.
The ownership and partnership dispute attorneys of the Shlansky Law Group work with small businesses and individuals within corporations, limited liability companies, joint ventures, and partnerships to protect and advance their interests when internal conflicts threaten to consume their businesses and their lives.
Regardless of how careful a business owner is to avoid discrimination and the appearance of discrimination, complaints are a common part of running a company. The team at Shlansky Law Group will review all relevant documents and evidence relating to your employee’s retaliation claim.
Shlansky Law Group has decades of combined experience negotiating and crafting robust executive severance packages.
At Shlansky Law Group, we combine our unwavering admiration and respect for service members with forceful advocacy on their behalf to ensure that employers meet their obligations under the federal Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) and corresponding state laws.
Recent Employment Successes:
- Assisted a large multinational corporation in reducing its U.S. headcount through a reduction-in-force.
- Defended employer against unfounded claims of ADA violations and discrimination, achieving a finding of no probable cause from both state and federal agencies.
- Achieved a favorable outcome for a client seeking to prevent a former employee from using trade secrets and confidential information to develop a competitive business.
- Defeated administrative action by employee asserting claims of gender and age discrimination.
- Successfully defended wage and hour suit, including claims for treble damages for failure to accrue unused vacation time.