“It is imperative to listen and thoroughly understand every client's needs and goals on each engagement in order to craft tailored solutions for achieving superior and efficient results.”
Jim McEvilly has extensive experience litigating securities class actions, corporate litigation, complex commercial litigation and business disputes in state and federal courts throughout the United States from inception through trial. At SLG, Jim represents plaintiffs and defendants in business litigation in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
Before joining SLG, Jim has been an attorney at prominent law firms in Wilmington, Delaware and in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and was actively involved in representing institutional investor lead plaintiffs in large complex securities class actions, including In Re Tyco Securities Litigation ($3.2 billion class recovery) and In Re Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. Securities Litigation ($400 million recovery). Jim was also centrally involved in representing shareholders in corporate control litigation, including representing institutional investors in the Caremark/CVS Merger Litigation in the Court of Chancery in the State of Delaware (LAMPERS v. Crawford, C.A. No. 2365-N, Del. Ch. 2006). That landmark action forced CVS to increase the consideration offered to Caremark shareholders by a total of $3.3 billion ($7.50 per share) in cash, issue a series of additional material disclosures, and twice postpone the shareholder vote on the transaction to permit shareholders to digest the new disclosures.
Jim was also involved as lead counsel in representing seatholders in the New York Stock Exchange Merger Litigation in the Supreme Court of the State of New York and has represented clients in proceedings in the state and federal courts of Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and California, as well as in the federal courts in Indiana, New Hampshire, Virginia, and Michigan.
- New Jersey
Federal Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Law
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of Pennsylvania
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Business Disputes
- Shareholder and Intra-Corporate Matters and Disputes
- Delaware State Bar Association